The heart is a pretty amazing organ! Did you know your heart is actually a muscle? In fact, it is one of the strongest muscles in your body! To keep your heart healthy you should eat healthy foods, drinks plenty of water, reduce stress, and exercise.
Some of my favorite workouts include hiking (at the Houston Arboretum, of course!), swimming, dancing, and yoga. What is your favorite way to exercise?
Here is a fun way to exercise – download and assemble this Healthy Heart Spinner! Follow the instructions for some heart-pumping fun!
Here are some other awesome facts about hearts:
- Your heart is about the size and shape of your two hands clasped together
- It beats approximately 100,000 times per day! Whew!
- It can pump 1.3 gallons of blood every minute
- The heart is actually a muscle
- The blue whale has the largest heart – it weighs about 1,500 pounds!
- A fairy fly has the smallest heart of any living creature
- Laughing is good for your heart! It helps to reduce stress!
Check out this video about the circulation system!